Applies to platform: UTM 5.0, Hotspot 3.2 and 5.0
Last updated: 4th March 2018
A Facebook App ID is required if you want users to be able to share your URL.This article guides you in the he process of getting this client ID.
- A Facebook account.
- A working hotspot setup on an Endian Appliance.
Create a new Facebook app
1. The first step do do is to log in into your Facebook’s developer console, and click on the Create App button on the top right corner.
2. Insert a name for your application, the contact email address, choose a category for your app (e.g. Utilities, Communication) and click on Create App ID on the bottom right corner.
3. Make sure to fill out the security question and click Submit.
Add website and domain to the app
4. In the menu on the left go to Settings.
5. Enter hotspot.endian.com in the App Domains field and upload your logo by clicking on the App Icon in the bottom left of the page, if you would like to.
6. Now scroll to the bottom of the page and click on + Add Platform.
7. In the popup that will appear select Website.
9. In the menu on the left now choose App Review and make your app public by clicking on the switch. Once this has been done the message Your app is currently live and available to the public is shown.
10. In the menu on the left go back to Dashboard, copy the App ID and paste it into the Hotspot configuration field called Facebook App ID.
11. Save the settings on your Hotspot. That’s it, you are now ready to go!